Saturday, January 23, 2010

XC Skiing


Best sport ever. I think I like it more than downhill. We went to Soldier's Hollow today- gorgeous! It 's where they had all the Olympic events. I love how you feel more connected to everything in XC- I miss that in downhill. It’s not going down a mountain just to show off your wicked skills. I appreciate this freaking gorgeous state more when I am XC skiing. About that- never planned on staying in Utah (at least not since I was really young) but I

don’t know how I will ever leave this! It’s so beautiful.


Now I just want some sweet gear! Specifically, Atomic skis and equipment and Spyder baselayers.


I love that the Spyder baselayers are less sci-fi movie costume than the still cool ones that they had last year. By taking the same theme of an ergonomic web but changing it from overt, contrasting black stripes to subtle seams in the same color, it transforms the piece into a far more wearable item! (I can't find a picture of the old one though, so you are going to have to trust me!)

No comments: